- 1 What was the first platinum rap song?
- 2 Who went platinum first?
- 3 Who was the first male rapper to go diamond?
- 4 Who is the highest selling rapper of all time 2020?
- 5 How many platinum does Eminem have?
- 6 Who was the 1st rapper?
- 7 Who is the only rapper to go diamond?
- 8 Who is the best rapper in the world?
- 9 What is the number 1 selling album of all time?
- 10 Who sold the most albums in 2020?
- 11 Does 50 Cent have a Diamond album?
- 12 Did Tupac go diamond?
- 13 Does Taylor Swift have a Diamond album?
What was the first platinum rap song?
Wild Thing (Released January 1, 1989), a single by Tone-Loc was the first hip-hop single to go platinum.
Who went platinum first?
When the popularity of disco music led to a huge boom in music sales in the seventies, RIAA created the Platinum Award to celebrate more than one million sales of a single or album—and the first Platinum Single Award was earned by Johnnie Taylor’s “Disco Lady.”
Who was the first male rapper to go diamond?
. It may be a surprise to some of you who are in their teens and early 20’s, but the first rapper to ever go diamond was Mc Hammer in 1990, with his album ‘Please Hammer Don’t Hurt `Em. ‘
Who is the highest selling rapper of all time 2020?
Eminem tops the list with 227 million units sold, followed by Drake by 152 units sold, and right after comes Kanye West with 140 million. Other artist on the list includes Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj Tupac and more. Fans were shocked to see that Flo Rida was number 7 on the list selling 102 million units.
How many platinum does Eminem have?
His worldwide albums and singles sales stand at over 220 million, making him one of the best-selling music artists worldwide. In his home country, he has earned 50 platinum album certifications and 10 number one albums.
Who was the 1st rapper?
Coke La Rock is known for being the first rapper to ever spit rhymes after teaming up with DJ Kool Herc in 1973 and both are recognized as the original founding fathers of Hip Hop. Rap music was originally underground.
Who is the only rapper to go diamond?
There Are Only 7 Hip Hop Diamond Albums and Eminem Recorded 2 of Them. All diamond certified hip hop albums are dated between 1990 and 2003, two of them received a diamond status posthumously, and nobody but Eminem has two entries on this list.
Who is the best rapper in the world?
Without further ado, let’s get to it.
- Eminem. Album Sales (49.1m), №1 Albums (9), №1 Hits (5), №1 Rap Songs (4)
- Jay-Z. Album Sales (30.6m), №1 Albums (11), №1 Hits (4), №1 Rap Songs (13)
- Drake. Album Sales (12.1m), №1 Albums (7), №1 Hits (6), №1 Rap Songs (26)
- Kanye West.
- 50 Cent.
- Lil Wayne.
What is the number 1 selling album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 70 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album.
Who sold the most albums in 2020?
TOP 10 SELLING ALBUMS OF 2020 IN U.S.
- Taylor Swift, Folklore (1.276 million)
- BTS, Map of the Soul: 7 (674,009)
- The Weeknd, After Hours (480,000)
- Harry Styles, Fine Line (420,000)
- Billie Eilish, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (
- Lady Gaga, Chromatica (331,000)
- Juice WRLD, Legends Never Die (301,000)
Does 50 Cent have a Diamond album?
Although 50 Cent mentions diamond status in his posts, his first two albums haven’t yet been certified diamond on the Recording Industry Association of America’s website. According to the RIAA, as of February 2020, Get Rich or Die Tryin’ — which celebrated its 18th anniversary last month — went platinum nine times.
Did Tupac go diamond?
All Eyez on Me debuted at number-one on both the US Billboard 200 and the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts, selling 566,000 copies in its first week, becoming 2Pac’s second number one album on the chart. The album was eventually certified diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Does Taylor Swift have a Diamond album?
“Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift “Shake It Off” was certified diamond on March 13, 2020, making Swift the first female artist in US history to have both a diamond-certified single and album (2008’s “Fearless”).