How do I find my own sound?
Here are my top tips for getting clarity on who you are.
- Listen to a Lot of Music But Narrow Down What Sounds Good On You.
- Embrace Your Natural Strengths.
- Don’t Fight Your Instincts.
- Don’t Chase the Trends, Set Them.
- Love What Makes You Different.
- Be Rooted in the Past But Relevant in Today’s Music World.
Does Voice Matter in rap?
The way you project your voice as a rapper is all important. It’s one thing having good lyrics, but if you can’t get your voice out there properly, they won’t have the same effect. Most male rap voices sound better with some bass in it as it makes it sound fuller. It makes your voice sound less ‘small’.
How do I find my creativity?
If you’ve ever wanted to boost your creativity, these tips can help.
- Commit Yourself to Creativity. Robert Deutschman / Getty Images.
- Become an Expert.
- Reward Your Curiosity.
- Take Risks.
- Build Your Confidence.
- Make Time for Creativity.
- Overcome a Negative Attitude.
- Fight Fear of Failure.
How do I find my personal art style?
How do artists find their style?
- Copy the Artists You Like. But a bunch of them.
- Copy the World Around You. Mimic nature.
- Practice. Practice.
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone. Push your skills.
- Make Time to Play. Release expectations and just have fun.
- Remember That it Takes Time.
- Additional Reading:
What is my musical identity?
The determination of your own musical identity is about looking at yourself honestly, embracing who you are, and knowing that it’s something to be celebrated. For example, absorb an entire album, not just individual tracks – see how this resonates with your musical universe.
How do I create my own signature sound?
Here Are My Top Tips for Creating Your Signature Sound for the New Year:
- Authenticity is Key.
- Be Truthful.
- Don’t be a Copycat.
- Phrase it Your Way.
- Vary Your Melody.
- Use Your Influences, but Do It Your Way.
- Create Your Vocal Signature.
Can I create my own genre?
Yeah, that’s easy. Let’s say, for example, you decide to make a song which you personally categorize as Metal Surf Rap. Can you codify certain elements of your own genre-subverting sound and produce entire catalogs of Metal Surf Rap? Yes, of course you can.