- 1 What is considered gangster rap?
- 2 What are OG rappers?
- 3 How did gangsta rap start?
- 4 What is the best gangster rap?
- 5 Who was the first rapper?
- 6 Who started rap?
- 7 What is the slang OG?
- 8 Is it okay to say OG?
- 9 Who are the poorest rappers?
- 10 Who is the king of gangsta rap?
- 11 Is gangsta rap dead?
- 12 Is hip hop a type of rap?
- 13 Who is the most hard core rapper?
- 14 What rap songs go the hardest?
- 15 Who is the most gangster person in the world?
What is considered gangster rap?
Gangsta rap or gangster rap, initially called reality rap, is a subgenre of hip hop music that emerged in the mid- to late 1980s as a distinct but highly controversial rap subgenre, whose lyrics assert the culture and values typical of American street gangs and street hustlers.
What are OG rappers?
LL Cool J, Run-DMC, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Salt-N-Pepa, Kool Moe Dee, KRS-One, Will Smith, Big Daddy Kane, Slick Rick, Biz Markie, C.L. Smooth, Erick Sermon, Doug E. Fresh, Too $hort, Kool G Rap, Everlast, The D.O.C., Vanilla Ice and, of course, Hammer are among the other rappers who were already in the 50-plus club.
How did gangsta rap start?
The genre was pioneered in the mid-1980s by rappers such as Schooll D and Ice-T, and was popularized in the later part of the 1980s by groups like N.W.A. After the national attention that Ice-T and N.W.A attracted in the late 1980s and early 1990s, gangsta rap became the most commercially lucrative subgenre of hip-hop.
What is the best gangster rap?
Gangster Rap Feat. Ice-T’s Top Five
- P.S.K. ‘What Does It Mean’? Schoolly D.
- Colors. Ice-T. Ice-T.
- Straight Outta Compton. N.W.A. N.W.A.
- Shook Ones, Pt. II. Mobb Deep.
- Ante Up (Robbin Hoodz Theory) M.O.P.
- The Original Gangster of Hip Hop. Just-Ice.
- Boyz-n-the-Hood (feat. Ice Cube) [Remix]
- Criminal Minded. Boogie Down Productions.
Who was the first rapper?
Coke La Rock is known for being the first rapper to ever spit rhymes after teaming up with DJ Kool Herc in 1973 and both are recognized as the original founding fathers of Hip Hop. Rap music was originally underground.
Who started rap?
DJ Kool Herc is widely credited with kicking off the genre. His back-to-school parties in the 1970s were the incubator of his burgeoning idea, where he used his two record turntables to create loops, playing the same beat over again, and extending the instrumental portion of a song.
What is the slang OG?
OG is a slang term for someone who’s incredibly exceptional, authentic, or “old-school.” It can be earnestly used for a legend like Michael Jordan or more ironically, like for that friend who can unwrap a Starburst with their mouth.
Is it okay to say OG?
As far as internet slang goes, “OG” is on the older end of the spectrum. If you haven’t caught on just yet to phrases like “he’s the OG” or “that was so OG,” it’s safe to say you’re a little behind.
Who are the poorest rappers?
Some of these rap artists went broke due to bad record deals, while others lost all their money because they mismanaged their funds. Some rappers even did jail time for tax evasion.
- Lauryn Hill. Photo: Daigo Oliva / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY-SA 2.0.
- Lil’ Kim.
- Method Man.
- Lisa Lopes.
- Fat Joe.
Who is the king of gangsta rap?
Ice-T had been MCing since the early ’80s, but first turned to gangsta rap themes after being influenced by Philadelphia rapper Schoolly D and his 1985 album Schoolly D, often considered to be the originator of gangsta rap.
Is gangsta rap dead?
Last week marked the 20th anniversary of Eazy-E’s death. Though the Compton rapper and label impresario’s name doesn’t ring out these days as loudly as, say Biggie’s or Tupac’s (both of whom he directly inspired), his influence does.
Is hip hop a type of rap?
Hip hop music, also known as rap music, is a genre of popular music developed in the United States by inner-city African Americans and Latino Americans in the Bronx borough of New York City in the 1970s.
Who is the most hard core rapper?
10 Most Hardcore Gangsta Rappers
- 03 – Eazy E.
- 04 – Biggie Smalls.
- 05 – Dr Dre.
- 06 – Ice Cube.
- 07 – Ice T.
- 08 – Schoolly D. Schoolly D.
- 09 – Slick Rick. Slick Rick – By Mika Väisänen [CC BY-SA 4.0 ], from Wikimedia Commons.
- 10 – Lady of Rage. Lady of Rage.
What rap songs go the hardest?
Regardless of their ultimate fate, these are the hardest rap beats of all time.
- Ice Cube “Wicked” (1992)
- Ludacris f/ Mystikal and I-20 “Move Bitch” (2001)
- Jadakiss f/ Styles P.
- Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz f/ Bo Hagon “Get Crunk” (2004)
- Ghostface Killah f/ Raekwon and Cappadonna “Daytona 500” (1996)
- DMX “Intro” (1998)
Who is the most gangster person in the world?
Al Capone is perhaps the most notorious gangster of all time, and also one of the richest. During prohibition, Capone controlled the illegal alcohol, prostitution and gambling rackets in Chicago which brought in $100 million a year at its prime.