- 1 How much do artists make from a platinum song?
- 2 How much money does an artist make per album?
- 3 How much does a producer make on a platinum album?
- 4 What rapper has a Diamond album?
- 5 What’s the highest selling album of all time?
- 6 Does Drake have a Diamond album?
- 7 How much do #1 hit songs make?
- 8 How much money is 1 billion streams?
- 9 Who is the highest paid music artist?
- 10 Which song earns the most royalties?
- 11 What does a platinum album mean?
- 12 Is a Diamond record better than platinum?
- 13 How do you become a platinum producer?
How much do artists make from a platinum song?
On Amazon Music, you would get $4,020. Bump that up to a platinum single (recognised as 150,000,000 streams by the Recording Industry Association of America) and here are the numbers; Youtube nets you $103,500, Spotify nets you $655,500, and Apple Music nets you $1,102,500.
How much money does an artist make per album?
Artists can receive 10% – 15% of suggested album retail minus packaging costs. Composers and publishers receive 30% or more. “They make money the way they have for years… off of the exploitation of the recordings themselves, and there’s a million ways that is exploited.
How much does a producer make on a platinum album?
If an album sells well, this can translate into millions of dollars. For example, a producer receiving five percent on a platinum record (a record that has sold a million copies), with each copy selling at $20, would receive $1 million.
What rapper has a Diamond album?
There Are Only 7 Hip Hop Diamond Albums and Eminem Recorded 2 of Them. All diamond certified hip hop albums are dated between 1990 and 2003, two of them received a diamond status posthumously, and nobody but Eminem has two entries on this list.
What’s the highest selling album of all time?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller, estimated to have sold 70 million copies worldwide, is the best-selling album.
Does Drake have a Diamond album?
“God’s Plan” by Drake “God’s Plan” was certified diamond on September 25, 2019.
How much do #1 hit songs make?
An average hit song on the radio today will earn the songwriter $600-800,000 in performance royalties.
How much money is 1 billion streams?
Spotify, which has 155 million paying subscribers, generally pays between $. 003 and $. 005 per stream. Artists need about 326 streams to make $1, and 1 billion streams equals roughly $3 million in royalties.
Who is the highest paid music artist?
1. Taylor Swift: $23.8 million. Swift made Billboard history by earning the #1 spot on the top-paid musician rankings without any concert revenue. Earnings from the artist’s 2020 albums “Folklore” and “Evermore” amounted to $20.6 million in sales and streaming royalties, pushing her to the top of the list.
Which song earns the most royalties?
What are The Highest Earning Songs in History?
- Dolly Parton – I Will Always Love You.
- John Lennon and Paul McCartney – Yesterday.
- Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil, Phil Spector – You’ve Lost That Feeling.
- Irvin Berlin –White Christmas.
- The Hill Sisters – Happy Birthday.
What does a platinum album mean?
These awards, given by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), represent huge sales — 500,000 albums for gold, 1 million for platinum, 2 million or more for multiplatinum. (Singles have lower benchmarks; you’ve gone platinum if you sell just 500,000.)
Is a Diamond record better than platinum?
The award levels are Silver (20,000+), Double Silver (40,000+), Gold (75,000+), Double Gold (150,000+), Diamond (200,000+), Platinum (400,000+) and Double Platinum (800,000+).
How do you become a platinum producer?
If you think your single or album has sold more than 500,000 copies (gold) or 1,000,000 copies (platinum) in the US, or streamed the equivalent*, please let us know.