- 1 What is the longest rap song ever recorded?
- 2 Who was the 1st rap artist?
- 3 Did Rappers Delight sample good times?
- 4 Who is the richest rapper?
- 5 Who really wrote Rappers Delight?
- 6 What song is 10 minutes long?
- 7 What is the fastest rap song?
- 8 Who is the king of rap?
- 9 Who is the best rapper in the world?
- 10 Who was the first girl rapper?
- 11 What song has the same beat as Rapper’s Delight?
- 12 What song did Sugarhill Gang’s Rapper Delight sample?
- 13 Who did Rappers Delight sample?
What is the longest rap song ever recorded?
German rapper, actor and Studio71 talent Eko Fresh, today released what is arguably the longest rap song in the world, 2020 Bars. In the song, the Cologne-based artist addresses issues that move him. The result is 87 minutes of non-stop rap – a personal project that has evolved day by day.
Who was the 1st rap artist?
DJ Kool Herc, a Jamaican DJ, is recognized as one of the earliest hip hop DJs and artists. Some credit him with officially originating hip hop music through his 1973 “Back to School Jam”.
Did Rappers Delight sample good times?
Known as “sampling,” the practice dates back to 1979, when the Sugar Hill Gang brazenly featured Chic’s “Good Times” as the basis for its “Rapper’s Delight,” now considered rap’s first hit single.
Who is the richest rapper?
The World’s Richest Rappers in 2021
- Kanye West (Net worth: $1.3 billion)
- Jay-Z (Net worth: $1 billion)
- Sean Combs (Net worth: $900 million)
- Eminem (Net worth: $230 million)
- Pharrell Williams (Net worth: $200 million)
- Master P (Net worth: $200 million)
- Drake (Net worth: $180 million)
Who really wrote Rappers Delight?
Answer: As of 2019, Guinness World Records states that the longest officially released song was “The Rise and Fall of Bossanova,” by PC III, which lasts 13 hours, 23 minutes, and 32 seconds. The longest recorded pop song is “Apparente Libertà,” by Giancarlo Ferrari, which is 76 minutes, 44 seconds long.
What song is 10 minutes long?
10 of the best songs over 10 minutes long
- Guns N’ Roses – Coma (10:16)
- Iron Maiden – Rime of the Ancient Mariner (13:39)
- Led Zeppelin – Achilles Last Stand (10:31)
- Tool – Rosetta Stoned (11:11)
- Pink Floyd – Dogs (17:05)
- Dream Theater – Octavarium (23:58)
- The Doors – The End (11:43)
- Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Chile (15:00)
What is the fastest rap song?
According to Genius, Eminem’s third verse on “Godzilla” is so ridiculously fast it might now hold the title of fastest rap song ever. The verse is around 31 seconds long, comprises 224 words containing 330 syllables, which amounts to 10.65 syllables (or 7.23 words) per second.
Who is the king of rap?
Eminem has been crowned the King of Hip-Hop by Rolling Stone. The magazine took a look at solo rappers who released albums from 2009 to the present, taking into account album sales, rankings on the R&B/hip-hop and rap charts, YouTube video views, social media, concerts grosses, awards and critics’ opinions.
Who is the best rapper in the world?
Without further ado, let’s get to it.
- Eminem. Album Sales (49.1m), №1 Albums (9), №1 Hits (5), №1 Rap Songs (4)
- Jay-Z. Album Sales (30.6m), №1 Albums (11), №1 Hits (4), №1 Rap Songs (13)
- Drake. Album Sales (12.1m), №1 Albums (7), №1 Hits (6), №1 Rap Songs (26)
- Kanye West.
- 50 Cent.
- Lil Wayne.
Who was the first girl rapper?
Sharon Green (born 1962), considered the “first female rapper” or emcee, known by the rap moniker MC Sha-Rock. Born in Wilmington, North Carolina, she grew up in the South Bronx, New York City during the earliest years of hip hop culture.
What song has the same beat as Rapper’s Delight?
The beat that plays throughout was taken from “Good Times” by Chic, a song that was in the crates of every DJ who played at the block parties where rap got its start. The “Good Times” groove was easy to loop, creating a breakbeat that was perfect for MCs.
What song did Sugarhill Gang’s Rapper Delight sample?
“Rapper’s Delight” (1979) by the Sugarhill Gang was the first to make the Top 40; “The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel” (1981) was a 15-minute epic that sampled sections of Chic’s “Good Times” (1979) and showcased the new sound of scratching…
Who did Rappers Delight sample?
Sugarhill Gang’s ‘Rapper’s Delight’ sample of Chic’s ‘Good Times’ | WhoSampled.