- 1 Who is the best diss rapper of all time?
- 2 What are the best diss rap lines?
- 3 Why do rappers diss?
- 4 Can you be sued for a diss track?
- 5 What is the hardest diss track of all time?
- 6 Who started diss tracks?
- 7 How do you diss someone?
- 8 Who does rap god diss?
- 9 How do you write a rap song?
- 10 How do you rap?
- 11 What is beef in rap?
- 12 What is diss war?
- 13 Are diss tracks slander?
- 14 Can you sue someone for using your name in a song?
- 15 Can you sue someone over a song?
Who is the best diss rapper of all time?
You’ll be in for a treat.
- 1) Boogie Down Productions’ “The Bridge Is Over”
- 2) “Takeover” by Jay Z.
- 3) Eminem’s “Quitter/Hit Em Up Freestyle”
- 4) Drake’s “Duppy Freestyle”
- 5) Pusha-T’s “The Story of Adidon”
- 6) Ice Cube’s “No Vaseline”
- 7) Ma$e’s “The Oracle”
- 8) Dame DOLLA’s “Reign Reign Go Away”
What are the best diss rap lines?
Eminem, MGK and the 20 greatest diss songs in rap history
- T.I. – “99 Problemz (But Lil’ Flip Ain’t One)”
- Pusha T – “Story of Adidon”
- Lauryn Hill – “Lost Ones”
- Kool Moe Dee – “How Ya Like Me Now”
- 50 Cent – “Back Down”
- Drake – “Back to Back”
- DJ Quick – “Dollaz + Sense”
- Roxanne Shante – “Roxanne’s Revenge”
Why do rappers diss?
Diss tracks are a staple in the rap game by adding even more competition to the battle to take over the rap genre. Rappers hit the studio with the intention to tear someone down with a song and sometimes they’ll put out diss tracks back to back giving the fans a bunch of new material from their favorite artists.
Can you be sued for a diss track?
So whilst it is in theory possible to sue a rapper for dissing someone in a song, it’s unlikely to be an actionable suit because of the strict criteria and rap’s status as a medium of artistic expression and dramatisation of facts.
What is the hardest diss track of all time?
1/13The best diss tracks ever
- Hit ‘Em Up – Tupac. Despite the hilarious video there’s no doubting how angry Tupac was recording this one.
- No Vaseline – Ice Cube.
- The Story of Adidon – Pusha T.
- The Warning – Eminem.
- Kick In The Door – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Shether – Remy Ma.
- F*** Wit’ Dre Day – Dr Dre ft Snoop Dogg.
- Ether – Nas.
Who started diss tracks?
In the 1980s, diss tracks began to feature prominently in the hip-hop genre. The first known hip-hop feud (or “beef”) was the Roxanne Wars. The Roxanne Wars began in 1984 when Roxanne Shanté and Marley Marl released the song “Roxanne’s Revenge”, a diss track aimed at the trio U.T.F.O.
How do you diss someone?
Sometimes, the most effective diss can be to say nothing at all. Freezing someone out of social situations can be effective if you’ve already got lots of friends. Pretend you’re talking about the person until they come up to you and then completely ignore everything they say. Don’t look at or speak to the person.
Who does rap god diss?
Raymond Jones of the Chicago Yung Joc-affiliated rap trio Hot Stylz is suing Eminem and Interscope for $8 million over the song, reports TMZ. Jones, who goes by Raydio G, claims “Rap God” features a 25-second use of Hotstylz’s 2007 “Lookin’ Boy.”
How do you write a rap song?
How to Write a Rap Song in 7 Steps
- Find your topic or inspiration. If you already have something you want to to write about, great!
- Get familiar with structure.
- Sit down and write lyrics, or “bars” in rap lingo.
- Rewrite and refine.
- Practice out loud.
- Yes, share it.
How do you rap?
Learn how to rap effectively.
- Stress the consonants. If you try to rap the way you talk, it won’t be comprehensible.
- Keep your words clear.
- Rhythm is more important than rhyme.
- Be loud!
- Think ahead of what you’re rapping so you don’t get stuck stuttering or searching for the words.
What is beef in rap?
A Rap Beef is when two rappers, or a groups of rappers have a feud. Usually starts with someone dissing, insulting or calling out the other party in a rap song. Rappers have been killed over beef and a lot of time it is “squashed”. The term “Beef” has been used by The Notorious B.I.G., MF DOOM, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, J.
What is diss war?
This is called a diss-war in hip hop in which you rap against each other. That’s what rappers do; we are poets. Imagine there was a problem between him and me and we go out on the streets and start fighting. That would have been savage. We are poets and used words instead.
Are diss tracks slander?
There’s different kinds of diss tracks, obviously. If it’s mere abuse, that’s not defamation. If they say things about them that cause their reputation to be lowered, then that is defamation. You can defame someone without using their name if sufficient people can identify them.
Can you sue someone for using your name in a song?
Short answer: Technically, no. Longer answer: There’s nothing CRIMINAL about putting a person’s name in a song title or lyrics. There MIGHT, however, be a situation where a CIVIL liability could exist.
Can you sue someone over a song?
Copyright law is federal law and you can claim monetary damages as compensation. Suing for the use of a copyrighted song without permission entails proving in court ownership, access and substantial similarity of the song.